The Idaho Health Exchange is the place to go for your health insurance plan that is sanctioned by the Federal Government that covers all of the 10 essential health benefits, it’s called ‘Your Health Idaho’ or www.yourhealthidaho.org. This is where folks go to find a plan that fits their needs and is a wonderful place to compare and shop for a plan because the plans are all in one place and can be compared side by side. All plans offered through Your Health Idaho meet the high standards of state and federal requirements. Every plan offered through Your Health Idaho is required to cover ten essential health benefits, including:

  • Doctor visits
  • Hospitalization
  • Emergency services
  • Mental health and substance abuse services
  • Rehabilitative and habilitative services (like chronic disease management)
  • Maternity and newborn care
  • Laboratory tests
  • Prescription medicine
  • Preventive wellness and screenings
  • Pediatric care (includes oral and vision health)

If you are looking for financial help you will have to go to the Department of Health & Welfare first. Financial help is basically determined by income. You may apply for a Tax Credit at Health & Welfare and if you qualify, they will send the information to Your Health Idaho and an account will be set up for you there. You must also have what is called a Special Enrollment period or SEP. This is where your have a reason for enrolling for a plan if outside the Open Enrollment period which is November 1st thru December 15th with a January 1st Effective date.

A tax credit is money provided by the Federal Government to pay towards the monthly premium for your health plan. There is another part of the benefit besides the Tax Credit, it is called the CSR or Cost Share reduction. Depending on your income you may have an extended benefit towards Co-pays and Deductibles, in other words the Co-pays and deductibles can be reduced as well as the monthly premium.

Anyone making below 138% of the Federal Poverty level in Idaho will automatically go onto Medicaid. If you are over that and below 400% of the FPL you will receive some sort of Tax Credit and possibly a CSR.

Below is a Federal Poverty Level chart for 2021, for your information.

If you need help, we can guide you through the process.

Quote your own Life Insurance when you feel the need.

get life quote